Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sorry for the delay

My apologies for the lack of posts. As it turns out, I was only able to make it 8 days with just juice. I woke up one day and started to make my breakfast juice and my body would not have any of it. I have since resorted to a mainly raw food diet. Slowly this week incorporating cooked foods but still avoiding red meats, caffeine, sugar and white flour. I feel much better, and have not tacked on any extra weight. My total weight loss for the fast was 25 lbs, which I lost in the first 5 days. I am still very happy with these results and will probably do another 3 or 5 day fast in a few months.
The one thing I have noticed is my body loves the gym now. Before I would try and find an excuse to get out of going. So far most mornings I look forward to the gym, I do not work out vigorously yet but I sweat and get my heart going. I think this is just what my body needed to jump start itself into a healthy pattern. Tonight I will be back on foods but I will still try and limit the macro nutrients. I have set limits for how much coffee I drink a day, 2 cups. And lastly even though my fasting adventure is over, I am helping some friends on their own journey. I have done very few things in my life that have inspired others, and I am proud to add this to the list of things that have.

Good luck to all who try their fast! It was definitely worth it.

2 comments:

  1. I wish there was a like button! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your success, Alex! I can't believe that 25 lbs dropped off within 5 days, that's unreal. That's also amazing that you're loving the gym now. Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete